Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I know, I know

It has been a couple of months since I last posted, they have been an interesting couple of months to say the least. Quilting has helped me get through them. I have a couple projects going; I finally finished my Amy Bulter Birdie Sling, my road trip quilt is ready for quilting and I have started a new wave quilt. I will post pictures soon. To be honest I've had more fun reading other quilter's blogs then writing my own.

The birdie sling - I used home decor weight fabric, when I make it again I don't think I will. Don't get me wrong it turned out nice and is heavy duty, it just is a little bulky. The fabrics look nice together and it will store all my stuff.




My road trip quilt, I love, love. I took the idea from Cluck, Cluck Sew, but then changed it up. I'm just afraid to quilt it. I have never machine quilted before. I taught myself ( made some quilt sandwiches and started playing) and it's fun and I think I can handle the walking foot. Its just that I spent all that time laying out the quilt and sewing it, I would hate to mess it up. I know, I know...I should give myself more credit and it's the little imperfections that make quilts perfect. I'm still nervous.


So, I started another quilt. I'm trying Elizabeth Hartman's (www.ohfransson.com) new wave quilt.
I'm using batiks and I love it so far. It is in my favorite colors - blues & greens. Cutting all the blocks was not fun, I did a couple every evening for a few days. Now I am adding white sashing.
















That is what I have been up to, quilting/sewing wise. It has been too hot to really bake anything, other than maybe some zucchini bread or cake.

This week is also fair week. I helped judge in the clothing department and was sad to see so few entries. I need to convince my mom to help me teach a workshop.
Tonight is the sheep show and tomorrow the pigs. Brooks and I will be there to cheer on Madeline(my oldest niece).

No comments:

Post a Comment