Sunday, May 15, 2011

T-Shirt Dress

Before photo - Jilly & Rayni in t-shirts, along with Brook

So last night my youngest niece, Rayni, spent the night with us.  She loves the the Pixar movie "The Incredibles."  My husband happens to be a big Pixar fan and loves "The Incredibles" too.  During past sleep- overs Rayni has enjoyed wearing Brooks' t-shirts from the movie.  Of course they are way too big.

So after some brainstorming and simple sewing, the t-shirts became dresses.  I basically took the dress she had worn that day and traced it onto the t-shirt.  I folded the t-shirt in half and ended up cutting off the sleeves, side seams and length off the bottom.  I then measured around Rayni's arm to make the arm hole.  I used my serger to finish the the hems on the bottom and sleeves, as well as, to sew the side seams.  It took no time at all.


After photo - Rayni loves her new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment